Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My Graduation Present

To celebrate my graduation, Luis and I took a vacation that was much needed for the both of us. We have been so tight with our money, that it really was difficult to spend money on something that could have been put off for another year or two. Now I am so grateful that we stuck to our guns and kept our promise to ourselves that we were going to go on a vacation. I got to choose where we went, and I chose Disneyland, California Adventure, Universal Studios, and Sea World. I had never been to Sea World and so I was most excited about that. 

 WE MADE IT!!!
 My most favorite ride at Disneyland...standing in line to go on Space Mountain. THis was Luis' first time on the ride, and he loved it too.

Can you see that genuine smile? I think this was our 3rd time on it. Of course we were too cheap (or smart) to buy this picture, so it is a bit blurry from our camera taking a picture of another picture. 

 Day 2...on to California Adventure. We visited the new Radiator Springs Car Land. Lots of photo ops. Gas used to be 0.63 cents a gallon?!

 Mater's Petting Zoo. This one is for my nephew Cash.

 The infamous picture of us in front of the Ferris Wheel, that we didn't even ride on.

 Day 3...on to Universal Studios! We were standing in line to get a picture with Marge, Homer, and Bart, but halfway through the line, Homer and Bart left! What a rip! I couldn't beleive how tall Marge was!

As we were walking quickly to get out of the park to beat the crowd, Luis looked over and saw Jamar Rogers putting on a concert! He was on the 2nd season of The Voice (a show I watch). It was soooo cool! So we stayed a bit longer and enjoyed the show.

 Day 4...Then onto Sea World!! We went to the big Shamu Rocks show pretty early into the day in an effort to get a good seat for their best known show. I happended to get lucky that Luis didn't figure out that we were in the "soak zone". He laughed so hard when we got drenched (Phew!). Can you see how wet we are? It was a good way to cool off. Only annoying thing was that it was salt water. ulgh!
 Us on a ride at Sea World. I believe this was on Journey to Atlantis. That ride was AWESOME! Any ride that starts with a big drop is suuuweeet!
 We also got a meal card when we were there. Every time we went through the line, we got watermelon. It was the best watermelon I have ever had! I had no self control, and I didn't care. It was delicious!

Day 5...time to relax at a San Diego beach. This was the first warm beach I had ever been to. Spent growing up going to the Oregon Coast, which is freezing water and really windy. Here was a lot different. Filled with people under those cute beach umbrellas, tons of people in the water surfing and body boarding, and people with instruments singing on the boardwalk. We only had a few hours before we had to return the car and get to the airport, so we only soaked our feet. It was really cool to see so many people fishing in the ocean!
 I just had to take a picture of this. A lifeguard, at the beach?! I thought this was only on the movies and Baywatch! They even had one of those boards that they have on Baywatch. I was impressed.
 Us on the middle of the ocean. This is where everybody was fishing. There was even a really cute ice cream shack on this dock.
Thank you Luis for the great memories we were able to create. Can hardly wait to see where you choose to go on our next big vacation when you graduate!

3 comments:

  1. Cute, it looks like you guys had so much fun :) What a great idea to reward yourself with a vacation! Maybe we'll go back to school again, just so we'll do that too ;) (this is Beth by the way!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What???? You guys were that close to us and didn't come visit? What were you thinking!
    Do you want to go again this Spring? We're thinking about taking the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah!! Cash TOTALLY LOVED the "petting zoo!" He was all "TRACTOR!!" and decided he needed to study the pictures a little more closely lol

    ReplyDelete