Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Luis gradutes, again!

Luis is officially gruaduated from his masters program!!!!!

He has a Masters of Arts in Political Science with an emphasis in International Relations. Sounds smart, huh?! I am so proud of him in all that he has accomplished. He has such a strong work ethic and I am so fortunate that I married a man who wants to do everything he can to provide for his family. What's next? Well...stay tuned...we should have everything figured out in the next week or so...
Here we are...

 My parents, his mom and step dad were all able to come and support Luis and I in this ending of a chapter. We were able to show his parents around Temple Square for the first time. I knew his mom would love the flowers there, and she did! She kept commenting on how they were arranged so beautifully. I am so happy we live so close to such a beautiful place that even non-members can enjoy.

This picture for some reason really brings out how small my parents are...just look at them! So cute!
 I loved how proud his mom was of him. Someday I hope to know just how amazing it feels to go through so much sacrifice for your children and then be able to see them accomplish such a great thing.

Through all of the long days (and nights...) of studying, the many headaches, the pages and pages of typing, the canceled fun things planned, the joyful moments of getting an A, the sacrifice of giving up "the finer things in life", the monotanous "quick and easy" "dinners", the no-fun allowed weekends, the joy of finishing another semester, the inflexibility of being able to get away, the difficulty it is to see family, the missed workouts together, the canceled sunday evening walks, the sunny days spent inside with no windows, and the mirage of a light at the end of a tunnel...makes me so proud of US for getting though this together.

 And we still like each other (I think).

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Luis! We are so excited for both of you! So what are your plans once Valerie graduates?
    We can't wait to see you guys next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! To you both! You're able to move on to the next step in your life! I'm looking forward to seeing how things go, because we still think about you guys a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete